Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Comfort




My mother would like to go somewhere warm before she dies, so we'll be leaving in a couple of days to drive down to Ft. Myers, Florida.  A friend has a 2 bed/bath condo that she has graciously offered to us.  We'll split the drive into two days and stop south of Atlanta the first evening.  Mom sleeps a lot, so hopefully she'll sleep for most of the drive.  She's supposed to start a pill form of Chemo that has the least amount of side effects, but she's scared to start it and at best it would prolong her life by perhaps 6-9 months.  My younger brother will probably fly down on Friday and stay until Monday.

My older brother has stopped harassing her, mainly because she paid off her car and will be putting it into his name as soon as the title arrives in the mail.  I'm grateful for many things: that I have time to spend with her before she dies; that we have the opportunity to take her to the beach; and that she's not in pain (other than the nerve neuropathy in her feet)!

I have peace knowing that she is in God's hands and will be free from all things physical...soon!

4 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Bless your family...

peace, love and prayers.

stay well...

Annette said...

(((HUG))) You have no idea how much your posts are ministering to my heart right now. I hope you have a wonderful few days in the warm sun.

Anna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom Sherry. It is so good that you will spend some time together in the sun. I have recently seen how chemo can beat you up. It may well not be worth it with so little time left. Of course, this is up to your Mom. My mom just died on Feb 26. Once she went to a hospice center there was no pain and she just drifted away. I really recomend those centers. They feed you and take care of you (the family as well as the patient) You can stay over night or take a shower.

Here comes a big hug for you and your mom.

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

Sherry, gratitude indeed for being able to spend some glorious time with your lovely mother. I know how hard it can be to know your loved one is on a timeline to the end of their life journey, but also what a blessing having that knowledge can be at the same time. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and you are a great daughter. Renee

Post a Comment