Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Driving Soon


J was granted driving privileges again...whew!  Lots of details to attend to...calling the insurance co. to get a referral to a "high risk" company and then calling them...driving over for him to sign and p/u paperwork...setting up an 8 hr. BMV required driving class for this Saturday...etc. etc.  He was told by the BMV that he has to retake his written and physical driving test...He'll have to go into work late on Monday to do that.

I helped with some of these details...but J still says everything is a little overwhelming.  It makes you wonder about the people who don't have every conceivable type of help available to them...financial, transportation, emotional if requested...like J...How they handle it?

J's Dad is going to send him the money for an inexpensive car.  He has to get an interlock (blow in before the car starts) device installed.  Hopefully, we'll find a vehicle within a week!

I finally got my bail money...$1250...back from over a year ago!

J also had a urine test this week...a probation appointment where he found out that they are transferring that County's probation to the other County...so he was pleased by the news.

Hope to post again soon!

6 comments:

Shen said...

He is indeed very lucky to have you. Congratulations to him for staying with his program.

Felicitas said...

Sounds like everything is working out. Shen is right: J is very lucky!

Lisa said...

My son is picking up his car from us Sunday night and driving it back to Northern California where he now lives and works. (see my last post...stressful for me...I'm struggling with control issues) Your post caught my attention because you are supportive and helpful and don't seem concerned about his driving again. It appears to me to be a healthy attitude on your part. I wonder if I could have/would have gone through all thoset steps that you have if Bryan needed that to drive?

I'm glad your back, because I missed your posts. And J is very lucky to have you providing caring and support.

Heather's Mom said...

A lot going on! Keeping you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Such good news, Sherry. Hayley's Washington State driver's license is suspended, and she has almost $4,000 in outstanding fines. With her living in California now, I'm not sure what she needs to do to chip away at getting driving privileges back. It's all quite involved. At this point, I hope she doesn't have to come back to WA ST. I'm investigating things a bit on my own, but also encouraging her to make some phone calls to find out what her options are. The fines seem to be a huge barrier - she doesn't have a job, and I can't forsee her making enough money at this stage to make even a dent. And you're right, Sherry - how do recovering addicts untangle their messes on their own?

Syd said...

All sounds good for you and for J.

Post a Comment