Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

I'm back...


 
Hi everybody!  I've caught up with your blogs and wanted to post a few pics from my trip.  I returned Christmas Eve and went to my brother's house Christmas afternoon.  My husband and I picked my mother up.  It was a small gathering - 4 of my sister-in-law's friends, my nephew (my niece was in Florida with her mom) and us.  


My husband said grace at dinner and got a little choked up.  His father passed away this year and also with J not with us we felt very emotional at times.  J got transferred to rehab while I was on my trip.  He called me Christmas Eve and said that it is much better than jail.  The nurse is allowing him to have seconds of food (he weighed 213 lbs when he arrived and has gained 10 lbs. in 2 weeks).  He wants to get up to 240 or 250 - he's 6'9" tall so that wouldn't be too heavy.  He's been working out also.


He sounded a little sad - he also called me Christmas Day.  He feels very grateful to be at the rehab and has been going to the church 2-3 times a week.  The pastor is from an area church and is a former crack addict.  J says he is very inspirational.  J said he prayed for my safety while I was on the trip and of course I prayed for him every day.


I haven't been as open on this blog as I could about how this has been affecting me.  I think for a variety of reasons - because I like to set a good example and let people see that you can have a life even if your heart feels like it is being ripped out - also because I believe that we have a choice to sit around and dwell on the bad things in our lives or get out and live!  I don't like to feel sorry for myself and do believe that most of our children will be able to live drug free lives.  I have always been perceived as the strong one but I cry most every day!  

The trip was very educational and busy.  We only stayed in each spot for typically 1 to 2 days.  There were seven of us - five women traveling solo and a newlywed couple.  The nationalities were German, UK, Canada and US.  Everyone was very nice!  We rotated on who we shared a room with each night - which worked out well.





 This was in Vang Vieng, Laos


 


I'm standing in the courtyard of our hotel in Vientiane, Laos


 

Halong Bay, Vietnam



 


While on a 2 day slow boat down the Mekong River, we stopped at two separate villages and took supplies that we had purchased for one of the villages.


 

Two village girls - it was their New Year's celebration







 Elephant Riding in Chiang Mai, Thailand

Hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous :) said...

Every parent who reads your blog cries with you. The weight of watching anyone live so far from their potential is heavy. Beautiful pictures. Welcome back.

Bar L. said...

I want to ride an elephant :)It looks like a wonderful trip.

I am glad to hear J is in a rehab. My goodness 6'9" ! That's TALL. Does he like being that tall?

As for not being as open about your feelings on your blog, we all have different ways of expressing ourselves and your love for J shines through and the pain that goes along with that love of an addict is something we all know is there if spoken of or not.

Welcome home!

Lou said...

I love to travel, and take a major trip every 2 years. But I have never been to that part of Asia. Good you took supplies, I think it's important for us to be ambassadors for America when we travel.

All of us cry more than we let on. The difference for me today is I can give more pain up to God, and cry less. But there is a part of our hearts that's irreparably broken.

Unknown said...

You have a great blog here. It's a very interesting read. I have a blog myself which provides inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I'm hoping for my blog to be a place where people can go to hear the words the words they need to hear in order to brighten up their day.

I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around. Please let me know if this is possible.

Sincerely,
Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for getting back to me! I'm going to add you right now. Please do the same. Take care.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

steveroni said...

It is ten minutes until the year 2010 begins! I feel excitement, although do not share too much of it...seems so futile.

But I HAD to drop by and wish you travelers a HAPPY NEW YEAR...with JOY in your lives, NMW (No Matter What!)

Post a Comment