Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Traveling with a Tarot Card Reader


In late 2007, after my husband and I divorced, I started making new friends, single friends and one of them was an organic farmer named Wyatt.  He was what you would call "eccentric"!  His intellect was off the charts and some of his interests were:  tarot card reading, astrology, palm reading, spirituality, home made bread making and beer making, and the organic farming.  We had done a few things together and talked on the phone a lot.


We decided to go on a trip together for 8 days out west to three national parks, Zion, Bryce and the Grand Canyon.  I made all of the travel plans, booked the lodge reservations, rental car, etc.  The trip went well in the beginning.  I am quite tolerant of people's differences and try to embrace each person's uniqueness!


This was during my "vegetarian" phase and he was also vegetarian.  He was on a stricter budget than me therefore wanted to eat PB&J sandwiches frequently, so I did also.  As we drove through the west together, hiking, talking and listening to native american music, he shared more of his life with me.  He had been through an abusive childhood and by the time we were ready to move to the last destination, "The Grand Canyon", he started going through what I would call an emotional breakdown.  He wanted to go home and insisted on me driving him to the nearest Greyhound bus station, instead of returning to the airport to fly home early.


After dropping him off, I had the choice of driving back to Las Vegas and change my flight or wait it out there, or go on to "The Grand Canyon", which I had never seen.  Although I was frightened by the prospect of hiking down the Canyon by myself, I decided to go for it.


I hiked down, spent the night at "Phantom Ranch" and hiked back up the following morning.  I had a great sense of accomplishment after that!  I guess the lessons learned were: get to know your traveling mates better beforehand and you can do anything if you want it bad enough!







Bryce National Park


 



Zion National Park





The Grand Canyon at sunset




This is at Phanton Ranch at the bottom of the Canyon

Gratitude: 

Son is safe and sober
I am over 2 weeks smoke free
Had a beautiful 10 mile hike yesterday and saw amazing scenery (in Ohio - can you believe it?)
God is listening to me and I'm listening back


2 comments:

Bar L. said...

I know I've said this before, but I want to be you when I grow up :) Which isn't going to happen cause I never plan to grow up. I love hearing your adventures, keep coming.

Zion and Bryce are two of my fave places on this side of the Mississippi (never been to the other side).

Thinking of you and J.

Annette said...

You are amazing!

Post a Comment