Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Paris in the Spring


I hope I bring some light to people's lives by posting about positive things!  That is why I post about my travels because it's something that brings light to my life and provides entertainment for others.


In 2007 I took my Niece who was 15 years old at the time with me to Paris.  She was taking French lessons in school and was excited about being able to practice in Paris!  Once there, she was too shy most of the time to practice her French, but she enjoyed making fun of my lack of knowledge in that area!


Her favorite place was the Eiffel Tower - we went there three times; once at dusk to watch the lights come on.  She thought they looked like sparkling diamonds!  One of her favorite activities was riding the Metro....it was fun figuring out which one connected to the next one to get us to our destination.  We ate pastries every day and of course went to the Louvre and Notre Dame.



This is a picture of her with a stranger that we stopped to ask if we could take his picture.  My favorite thing to do is people watch, so one day I said lets take a picture of everyone that is with a dog.  We took quite a few pictures that day!


 


I was pretending to get in the little car here!

During the trip, she seemed quite sulky and I remember thinking why am I in Paris with a sulky teenager!  I would ask her what was wrong and she would say she didn't like the rain, or her feet hurt, etc. etc.

Within 6 months of our returning from the trip, she seemed like a changed person.  She was outgoing and friendlier.  I believe that trip gave her more confidence in herself and that's one of the reasons I love travel -- it's empowering.  My dream career would be to take people on adventures around the world! 

I'm two weeks smoke-free!!

Gratitude:

My son is safe and sober
My brother (the alcoholic) is at my mother's all of the time (even sleeping there) so that means he isn't drinking except for about once a week when he goes back to his apartment for a night
The support of my family/friends/and blogger friends!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment