Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Trip to California


Back in 2006 I took a sabbatical and traveled quite a bit. One of my trips was to California. I had booked an Amtrak train/bus pass that took me all through California. My father had passed away a few months earlier and J had just graduated from High School. At the time I knew he smoked marijuana but it wasn't until March of 2008 that I found out he had a drug problem.

This was a much needed break for me after working full time my entire life, going to school at night for 8 years and being a mother of a child who was very involved in sports!

I flew out by myself to San Francisco and had a few hours to walk around before it was time to go to bed. The next day I was on a tour bus that was going to John Muir Woods and I had a cup of coffee that I had finished and needed to throw the cup away. I asked the driver if he had a garbage and he replied "No". We were stopped at a light about 10 vehicles back in the middle lane. The lane to our right was also backed up, but I noticed the lane on our left had no cars in it. These were one-way streets.

I noticed a garbage on the left (where no cars were) and asked the driver if I could run over and throw it away - he said "Yes". I walked in front of the bus and noticed the light beginning to turn green, so I started running to the garbage. All I remember was flying through the air onto the hood of a car, bouncing off and onto the ground. I popped right up and people started flocking around me, trying to get me to sit down. Someone called an ambulance and when they arrived, they asked which one of us was the accident victim.
I spent 4 hours in San Fran General and the only mark on me was a little scratch on my forearm. I believe in miracles and angels!

When I got to a restaurant (I was starving), called my husband and told him what had happened, his response was "You need to come home now" and I said, "I'm fine - my trip has just begun"!




This picture is in San Francisco. I loved the sculptures!





I then traveled onto Napa Valley and had a tour of the wineries with 10 other people. I ended up having a bruise on my leg from drinking too much wine that day (no bruises from getting hit by a car though)!!





My next stop was Yosemite! I met a girl from London on the bus who worked for e-bay and we ended up hiking 13 miles together the next day and biking 15 miles the following day.



My last stop was San Diego. I spent two days in each City and loved California!


Gratitude:
My son is safe and soberAngels
Language/words
Love

6 comments:

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

I live in California and often take for granted the things right in my area. Thanks for the reminder of how wonderful my home state can be. I love SF. Geez, glad you walked away from that, you must have had a very large angel covering you that day!!

Bar L. said...

I want to be you. :)

Just kidding, but seriously, you're pretty amazing! Not many people would even want to travel alone and meet interesting people along the way. I love the idea of it! Its not surprising you didn't get hurt when hit by a car because your guardian angel is a lot like you are, I can hear her saying "this was so not suppose to happen, we can't let this interfere with her trip!"

Thanks for sharing this.

Lisa said...

I live in and love California! So thank you for loving my state.

I learned of Bryan's addiction on March 27, 2008. For a long time I wanted a tattoo acknowledging March...My father passed away March 10, my mother passed away on March 25, and Bryan admitted to his demons on March 27 (different years). I still don't have this tattoo!

Sherry said...

Renee - I think the angel was my father - I had a vial of blowing bubbles from the funeral in my purse with me!

Barbara - You are so sweet!!

Lisa - I'll get a tattoo if you get one - maybe!

Annette said...

Oh my gosh...what a story! I am so glad you were ok. I agree with Barbara...you are amazing. I live in Ca too!

Anonymous :) said...

You're in my favorite state. So happy you lived through it! Now settle down, bloggers. No tattoos allowed.

Post a Comment