Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Ashes in the Wind & Peru


Today I took my father, grandfather and grandmother's ashes to scatter them at the Voice of America park. My grandmother passed in 1986, grandfather in 2004 and father in 2006. I've had their ashes since 2006. I chose the VOA park because my grandfather was one of the starting engineers for VOA in Germany during the early 1950's.

My father was somewhat of a lost soul and one of his hobbies was the ham radio. My grandmother doted on my grandfather, so I thought I should scatter them together. I said a few words for each of them and made sure I was standing upwind.

My mother wants to be cremated also and said she wants me to keep her ashes until I die. I'm not sure I want to do that....




These pictures are from my trip to Peru in April that I was blessed to be able to go on...the above shot is after a soccer game against 6 guys from Lake Titicaca (14,000 ft. elevation). Obviously, I was the only woman and the oldest person playing. I was the goalie and was able to block all of their shots and we won!!





This was taken at Machu Picchu after we hiked 3 1/2 days on the Inca Trail to arrive at sunrise.




This was a lady on the Uros Island (they are man/woman made islands out of reeds)!





I was feeding this Llama - they warned me that if I tried to touch him, he would spit on me!




This was at a roadside vendor - precious!!




We had fun in the desert jeep riding. I went on the trip by myself, but the other 10 people on the trip were from all over the world (Australia, Gibraltar, Morocco, Germany, New Zealand).


I quit smoking today - I'm on the patch - I am determined this time for many reasons!!



"Healing yourself is connected with healing others."
~ Yoko Ono




5 comments:

Bar L. said...

WOW! What a great post full of positive and interesting and amazing things!!! I think its more meaningful to scatter ashes than keep them in a jar, I'd like to be scattered a few miles off the coast of Dana Point with a pod of dolphin swimming by.

Your trip to Peru looks incredible and I am so impressed with your athletic ability! You're beautiful! I hope you didn't lead the Peruvian soccer players to believe all women our age from the USA would be able to goalie for and WIN a soccer game! I think your probably one in a million in that category!

Also, way to go on the smoking. Hope my post today didn't bother you since I had a pic of a cig on there :( Wait a minute - are you saying you were a smoker at the time you hiked all over the place in Peru? Holy smokes (pun intended) You really are an amazing person!

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

Wow, what a fascinating post. I admire your athletic ability and zest for travel. Beautiful pictures for a beautiful person. Just remember every time you have the urge to smoke, remind yourself it has been 10 hours, 2 days, 5 months, etc. I did that and it helped a lot. Also I sucked on a lot of suckers and gum. You can do it!!

Anonymous :) said...

Perfect blog. You've got all the challenges and you're out living life full. Very inspirational. Beautiful photos. If you could spend Thanksgiving with us, you'd have seat at the head of the table.

Anonymous :) said...

Not sure if you've received the Honest Scrap Award, but I passed it to you on my blog today.

Lisa said...

Sherry, I just gave you an award! See http://lisac-lovingandparentinganaddict.blogspot.com. You are great!

Post a Comment