Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Life goes on...



I called the Rehab last week to see if I could have a tour and they said no.....so I arranged another book drive with a bookstore and took 6 boxes of books over to the Rehab. I asked the gentleman that I brought them to if I could have a tour and he said yes. It was comforting to be able to see where J will be living.



On Friday I went to visit my girlfriend who is in the hospital with H1N1 & pneumonia and dressed in protective gear. I rubbed her back and took flowers. I have known her for 38 years and I told her I loved her for the first time on Friday!



We gave our cat to my cousin yesterday because my husband is allergic to him. It was sad but my cousin has 2 other cats, a dog and two daughters. I'm sure he will adjust!



Today my husband and I rode our Harley for an hour to join our hiking club for a beautiful hike. It was sunny and in the 60's.


J has not called me since I saw him in Court on Thursday. The longest I have ever gone without talking to him is 2-3 days (except for when he was 3 years old when his father lived in Texas and had visitation for 6 weeks and wouldn't let him talk on the phone with me).

J told me recently while he was in jail that it makes it harder for him to talk with or see family while he's there because it makes him want out more. I believe it is his way of not thinking about it so he doesn't have to deal with it!

Gratitude:

My son is safe and sober.
My mother likes her new apartment.
The peaceful feeling I have today.
Finding a good home for my kitty.

Much peace and happiness to everyone!!

8 comments:

Bar L. said...

You are very resourceful finding a way to see the rehab, and did good for them at the same time! :) I wonder why they did not want to give a tour, we toured my son's last Sunday. The longest I have gone without talking to him is 10 days but will have to go 30 days when he starts rehab, they have a "lock down" period.

Sounds like your kitty has a nice new home and that you had a good hike today. Hope your week goes well...Thinking about you and J.

Heather's Mom said...

I love your gratitude list, it actually made me feel happy too :) And I'm sure your kitty is going to love his new home.

Heather's Mom said...

p.s. Oh, and that you for the wonderful letter you leave posted on your blog.

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

I love the balance you have here. Giving of the books and taking care of the kitty, visiting the friend you love and being able to share that for the first time. Also enjoying your own time with your husband doing healthy and fun things together. I love this post and it was inspiring. Good for you!

Lisa said...

Sometimes, at least for me, it seems cruel that life does, in fact, go one. Sometimes I feel like I want it to stop. If it stops, no more sad and horrible things can happen. But the truth is, it goes on and because of people like you that manage life, and write about gratitude and feeling good, I feel like I'm okay with life going on. Thank you for all your words.

Sherry said...

Barbara, H's Mom, Renee and Lisa -

Thanks for your comments - it's always nice to have friends that are supportive and understand! Have a wonderful day today!!

steveroni said...

Sherry, it is my loss but I do not know you--on the other hand I guess we DO 'know' one another...through the same old crap which has this generation in its grip, and does not want to let go.

I am an alcoholic, and I know that my disease wants but ONE thing--it wants me DEAD.

Yes, our daughter is in rehab, and seems to be doing just wonderful. We've both been sober a long time, and so usually can spot the Bull Shitters.

I am glad you joined the ranks of my following, and Im in a hurry right now (AA meeting at 7:30 PM) but I'll be Bach (Musical joke punch-line!), I want to read more of you.

Peace!

steveroni said...

Sherry, please excuse the double-dip...I just HAD to let you know, I played a few times at WLW when they employed a small orchestra. I was just a kid (student), and got to play some tunes on the radio, then later TV. I'll just bet your grandfather was in that orchestra.

Let's see, if I was age 15-20, he could have been easilyage 35-40. I was also a member of Local #1 AFM (Musician's union) then.

Post a Comment