Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Veteran's Day and Christmas



My husband and I went out for dinner tonight at Applebee's. I got a free meal because I served in the Army for 4 years (stationed in Germany for 2 1/2 years).


Am I crazy....I put up the christmas tree and decorations today! I played Diana Krall's Christmas music on my Ipod while decorating. I have to admit I cried a little thinking about J. All of the ornaments bring back memories...especially the one he made with a picture of him when he was about 8 with glitter around the edges.

I'm having family here for Thanksgiving - they'll think it's a little strange having Christmas decorations up already - oh well!



Tomorrow is another court day. This one was for his "physical control" citation - passed out in his car at a gas station. The urine test came back positive for "benzos" and something else - the attorney doesn't have a copy of the exact findings yet. J was on a prescription for a "benzo" for his sleep disorder so I'm supposed to bring that.

There are two more continued cases next week.

Gratitude:

My son is safe and sober.
My girlfriend was released from the hospital.
Holiday decorations, pretty lights, etc.
The peaceful feeling I have right now.
Living in the USA.

Peace, love and happiness to everyone!!

5 comments:

Bar L. said...

Thank you for serving our country! I have a nephew who's been stationed in Germany for two years but is heading out to Afghanistan this month.

You must love Christmas! Good for you for putting up your tree when you felt like it. I think it will make a festive Thanksgiving.

Good luck at court tomorrow.

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

I also got all my Christmas stuff out today, didn't get it up yet, but ready for the weekend! I didn't put any decorations up the past two years due to deaths and illnesses, so I am going full throttle this year, and yep, they all think I've gone mad:) I too know what it is like to go through X-mas missing my son, but we must find the joy of the season. Gratitude: People like you who give us the freedoms we have in this beautiful country.

Anonymous :) said...

I determined to live my life celebrating holidays without regrets and sorrow because so many people have loss attached to those days. I try to switch gears mentally from wishing that my daughters were young again to thanks for those moments. For some reason my mother went into a deep funk every holiday that made us all want to push the fast forward button and get it all over with. I think you deal with your son's addiction in a healthy manner and enjoy reading your blog. And I pray that everyone who reads this blog will read your side "letter from an addict".

Sherry said...

Holidays were also a time filled with stress and conflict when I was growing up. Mostly because we were poor. If only people realized that children would rather have one or two items for Christmas and a happy family, than to be lavished with material things!

Thanks for your comments!

Her Big Sad said...

My Christmas boxes have been hauled in from the garage and Saturday is the day! I am determined this year to get some things done EARLY and have the energy left to savor the real reason for the season!

Blessings to you!

Post a Comment