Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Awards from Friends


I received two awards from friends this week. The "Dragon's Loyalty Award" is from Barbara at The Needle and the Damage Done.

Thank you Barbara!!




The rules are as follows:
1. Thank whoever gave this to you
2. Copy award
3. Post it in your blog
4. Tell us 7 things that your readers don’t know about you
5. Link 7 new bloggers
6. Notify winners of the award with a comment on their blog
7. Keep being awesome!

I'm going to share 10 things because the 2nd award requires that.

1) I can still do a backbend.


2) I was on Match.com when my current husband and I were divorced for a year.


3) I used to believe back in my 20's that crying in front of people was a form of weakness.


4) I have lifted a 220lb. man onto my shoulders and swung him in circles (back in my 20's).


5) While in the military back in the late 70's, I took a train trip from Germany, through Austria, onto Italy to visit a friend and forgot my military papers. Back then if you were military you didn't need a passport. Anyway, I talked my way across both borders and again on the return trip.


6) I have skinny dipped in the Ohio River at night (not too long ago).


7) I have never flipped anyone off while driving.


8) Also, while in the military taking a plane flight from Frankfurt to London with a friend, forgot my papers again, so I rush back to the base to get a copy and upon arrival to the gate (about 20 minutes before take-off), there is no one there. Suddenly, a man on a bicycle stops and asks if I am Sherry ______. I said yes and he said, follow me. I am running through the airport following a stranger on a bicycle and they have me board a bus that takes me to the plane and as I am boarding, everyone claps because they couldn't take off since my luggage was already on board (embarrassing)!


9) I am missing one rib (when I was 7 years old the doctors said it was a birth defect). I must have given it to Adam!


10) I used to let J sleep with me from when I divorced his father (2 years old) until he was 10-12 years old. After I remarried when he was 6 years old, of course, it was very infrequent.


I am passing this one on to:


Chailatte at Hurting Parents~Addicted Son

Madison at Fight of Your Life

Renee at Mom of Opiate Addicted Son

Lisa at Loving and Parenting an Addict

Annette at Journey of Recovery...search for serenity

Heathers Mom

Lynn at Where is my beautiful, happy, perfect family


___________________________________________________

The "Honest Scrap" award is from Madison at Fight of Your Life.

Thank you Madison!!




I am passing this one on to:

Barbara at The Needle and the Damage Done
Debby at Oxycontin & Opiate Addiction How's My son

Mom & Dad at An Addict in our son's bedroom

Bill at DadOnFire

Cheri at Glass House Ministries

Gin at My Own Road

4 comments:

Anonymous :) said...

Your life is proof that you don't have to be stoned to have fun. I have a swimming pool in my backyard. You've inspired me to jump in naked.

Bar L. said...

I love Madison's comment! Heck yeah, your life sounds very fun!

It sounds like being in the military was very adventurous for you!

On number 2 are you saying that's where you met your current husband? I've had good luck with that site in the past but never THAT good of luck!!!

Heather's Mom said...

Sherry, thank you for thinking of me with the award. So sweet :)

Unknown said...

Sherry,

I'm a bit behind on things... thank you so much for thinking of me with the Honest Scrap Award.

Sending prayers your way,
Cheri

Post a Comment