Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Court Results & Moving Day





J had three different court proceedings in two different counties this week. Since he is still in jail for the "wreckless op" case, attorney #1 represented him in the other county and was able to continue those cases until next week. The other case was here in our county so they brought J to the courtroom. I spoke with attorney #2 in the hall before it started. This was the case where I called the police on J and he was facing a felony drug possession charge.

I've been praying daily asking God to "please heal J" and to "please give the attorneys and Judges in the case the guidance to make the best decision for J to be healed". I also requested other family members who didn't know what was going on to also pray.

The Judge sentenced J to the "lockdown rehab" (he didn't say for how long) and then three years probation. The wait is 1-2 months for a bed and they will keep J in jail until there is an opening. Attorney #2 asked the Judge if J could be released on his release date next week so that he could make his other court appearances and the Judge said "NO" - that it looks like he has a "catch 22" situation and someone will have to figure it out.

It is quite complicated because the attorney #1 is telling me that unless J can get out of jail to make the court appearances in the other county, they can't go along with this county's rehab recommendation. The two attorneys are supposed to talk again and I should hear something soon.

I know that I've been worried, but it truly helped to pray and feel that J was being looked out for. Through this process, I am fine tuning my beliefs and think that prayer is the most important piece of the process, but that seeking education/knowledge and then acting on that knowledge (when it is something that I can control and feel in my gut that I should act upon) is the way I want to handle my life and what affects me.

I just finished reading "Beautiful Boy" and "The Cross and the Switchblade". The later book is by the founder of the "Teen Challenge". As time goes on I am learning more...



My husband took 1/2 day off of work on Monday so that myself, a friend and my husband could move my mother into her new senior citizen apartment. Moving is my specialty - I've moved 42 times in 51 years - not counting when I help others move. Everything was finished by Monday evening except a couple of end tables for the living room.

Today after Court I went with her and helped her pick out a small dining room set that will be delivered in a week. It has been a challenging time having her live with me for the past 10 months, but I think I have learned more patience among other things.

Gratitude:

1. My son is safe and sober!
2. My mother moved out (yahoo)!
3. I've gotten some e-mails and a phone call through my job search.
4. The beautiful sun shining through warming me as I type this.

Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts!

4 comments:

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

I really like your gratitude list and that your prayers are being answered. My mom lived with me for two years before she passed and it was such a challenge, must be a mother/daughter thing. I miss her now, but at the time, well let's just say I wasn't always as patient as I could have been. I am glad you and your mom will have enough physical space to remain close at heart.

Bar L. said...

Sounds lik you are doing really good through all this. J's sentence sounds very similar to my son's: 3 years probabtion and court ordered rehab. He's been waiting for a bed to open for months, I hope its not that long for J. Hugs to you!!!

Annette said...

My mom lives next door to us in a "granny flat" on our property. Its a lot of work.... lol

I read Beautiful Boy and The Cross and the Switchblade....I read the latter back in the 70s as a kid! Good stuff in those books. Glad you are reading them... and finding hope in prayer and placing your boy in God's loving hands. That is about all that brings me comfort...is knowing that I have placed my daughter there.

steveroni said...

More prayers and good thoughts coming your way tonight, dear lady. And also for J.

The following I found in your "About ME area:
"We are all connected to each other because each of us have God within!

That is my all-time favorite thinking...right out of our Big Book p55 ..."The Great Reality...is...Deep down within us.....in the final analysis, that is the ONLY place He (God) can be found."

This is REALLY called "Getting to know you"--grin!
(I still play the violin...a LOT!)

Love and PEACE!

Post a Comment