Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Swine Flu & Jail Book Drive




When I saw my son in Jail yesterday he was sick. He said he'd been sick for a few days and filled out a form the day before to be seen, but they hadn't gotten to him yet. Tonight he called and said that they took him to the hospital last night because he had a 101.5 fever. They tested him for the flu and it was negative, so they gave him some sudafed and ibuprofen (none to take to the jail with him though).

He said he feels better today, but that they moved him into a cell block that has 3 cells and he is the only person in the block. They had moved a man out a few hours before they put J in and that man had been sick with H1N1. I asked J if he cleaned everything with a disinfectant (including the phone he was talking to me on) and he said yes!

In an earlier conversation a week ago he was complaining that it was very hard to sleep because he was in a room with a lot of men who would fart and snore all night. Looking on the bright side, I told him tonight that at least he wouldn't have to listen to them. He said he'd rather be in with them now because he is all by himself.

It's funny how we think our current situation is bad and then we find ourselves in one that we find even worse. I told him I've been praying for him since yesterday to get and stay healthy and he thanked me.



I've been working on getting books donated from Half Price Books to me so that I can take them to the Jail. I got approval from the Jail with the condition that they can't be hardbound, romantic or computer related.

Today I am grateful for:

1. My son is safe and sober and overcoming his illness.
2. The beautiful sunny day today.
3. My husband is handy: can fix about anything, knowledgeable about
electrical, welding, mechanics etc. (he's out working on his truck
right now).
4. The backrub he just gave me a few minutes ago (I've been painting, jogging,
cleaning the refrigerator..etc. etc. etc. today)
5. GOD!

3 comments:

Anonymous :) said...

God is always faithful to help. If I was J, given the choice, I think I'd go for being alone. On a side note, if someone has H1N1 in an environment like that, you'd think they'd leave this person in a quarantined hospital room. Good grief.

Bar L. said...

This is so true:

"It's funny how we think our current situation is bad and then we find ourselves in a one that we find even worse."

How wonderful about the book drive! I know that's one of the main things inmates do is read, and giving them good books is like investing in their lives.

Annette said...

LOL...that made me laugh. Farting and snoring men in jail...who would have thought?? lol

I'm glad he does not have H1N1 and that he cleaned everything...that says a lot! He is a smart kid.

Post a Comment