Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Love Thyself!



There are many ways that I take care of myself and love myself. I exercise regularly because it really helps with anxiety and has many other benefits. I've always thought that many people who are on anti-depressants, anxiety meds etc. could exercise instead. I recently read an article about how it is very helpful for addicts (but they have to want to do it - just like anything else).

I keep my house organized and decluttered because it helps me to feel calm and its just part of my personality.

I try to eat well (i.e. salads, vegies, whole grain breads and cereal with soy milk).

I read!!



I love to travel and have gone on quite a few trips by myself. I believe that it is very empowering to travel and especially by yourself. I drove through the New England states and camped part of the time. I flew out to San Francisco and took Amtrak trains and buses to Napa Valley, Yosemite and San Diego. I meet people all of the time when by myself. One of my most empowering trips was to hike down to the Grand Canyon by myself a couple of years ago. I spent the night at "Phantom Ranch" and hiked back up the following morning.

I volunteer occasionally for a church and for an organization that houses homeless women and their children.

I give backrubs (I have very strong hands) to people (family, friends and sometimes strangers).

I found a site online called "www.meetup.com" a couple of years ago and it has helped me to form new friendships and participate in activities that interest me. They are nationwide and I belong to a hiking club, dining out club, and about 4 others. Another club is for public speaking and I signed up because I have always been challenged by this (in school etc.) and want to overcome my fear.



I asked my son to go sky-diving with me about 1 1/2 years ago because I wanted to face that fear. It was an exhilirating experience. J was more apprehensive than I, but he loved it!


My husband and I are invited to 4 halloween parties and today is his company picnic that we're going to (and taking my mother also) so long as J doesn't have to go in for a drug test. Then as I was typing this my mother came out of her bedroom upon wakening and is extremely off-balance - so if she doesn't get better, we won't be going.

J went out with two friends last night and I was a little anxious. He said "stop worrying about me". I woke up at 4am and he was downstairs watching T.V. and was fine.



Today I'm thankful for:

1. The sun, moon & stars.
2. Music and musicians.
3. Cosmetics & perfume.
4. My blogger friends (thanks for the advice about my mom/driving)!

Have a GREAT day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous :) said...

Wow. So wonderful. You are a healthy example to the rest of us. It sounds like you didn't let your life shrink because of your son's illness. To sign into a website once, I had to fill out a form and list my interests. I was stumped. I was interested in fixing my daughter. Period. I, of course, had to change. Good for you for living life.

Annette said...

What an amazing person!! Very brave and courageous...it takes lots of courage to face down our fears, especially skydiving! lol Great post...thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Sherry, you are a model for keeping balance and happiness in your life, even when you are surrounded by other things. One of my recent assignments in Group was, "Who are you without your addict?" I wrote about being more healthy in my choices, but I'm still working on being happier. You give me hope that I can achieve balance and happiness. Thank you!

Post a Comment