Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Couldn't Sleep...



I got up at 4:15 am this morning...couldn't sleep...I think because I jogged 2 miles yesterday.  Although I've been active doing Yoga twice a week and went for a 13 mile bike ride last Thursday, I have to recondition myself to jogging at least 3 x per week and then my sleep is not affected. 

Or, it could be the new vitamins I started taking...too much energy!  My husband got up during the night to sleep in the guest bedroom and he just came in and said that he couldn't sleep because I was snoring and smacking my lips...embarrassing...he is a very light sleeper though!

J was not approved for his home visit on Saturday because he didn't get the paperwork turned in far enough in advance.  He handled it really well, probably because he knows he's being released on Wednesday.  It was a disappointment...I had purchased steaks to grill for dinner and we had plans to go out to eat for breakfast and lunch. 



I made good use of my time though...I went to the landscaping store with my husband's truck and got a ton of gravel to put below the deck and twelve stepping stones to make a path from the driveway to the lower level porch and deck...and dug the spaces out in the dirt for placing them.  I need fourteen more...so off to the landscaping store today!  My husband was a bit upset because the truck is not made for that much weight...and he was concerned that it might damage the axle or something like that!  Too bad we didn't have the device shown in the above picture!

I went to my ex-sister-in-law's (my brother's ex-wife) yesterday to help clean/paint for a few hours.  That is where J will be living for a few months, or until she sells it.  I skipped Church to go and she was at Church while I worked.  Her son, my nephew had moved out months ago to live with friends while he is going to college, so only my niece is there now.  She will also be heading to college this fall.  J is apprehensive about moving there because we're not very close...as in emotionally close...to them. 

I have been feeling quite peaceful lately...taking it day by day...and feeling gratitude for everyone/everything in my life. 

I am going to miss Lou and Madison...as I know all of you are!

Much love, peace and happiness to everyone!

4 comments:

Bristolvol said...

I can relate to the "not able to sleep" problem. My husband is the snorer and I am the light sleeper! I wish you a peaceful week too. One day at a time is really the only way to go.

Bar L. said...

Can I have some of your energy and athletic ability? I love walking, but it hurts me. Ugh.


Sounds like things are going well. Hopefully J will get closer to his cousin and even if not, it sounds like a good opportunity.

Yep, we'll all miss those two. You better not leave!

Anna said...

You go girl. It is great to have that much energy!

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

You rock! I just got back to my workouts and have been watching my food, etc. As you know from reading, I use food when stressed, and having addicts for sons, well you know what kind of stress that can bring! You are always inspirational and I thank you for that. You really seem to be on a good spiritual path. I hope J will thrive when he gets out and work hard on his program. I hate that Lou is leaving and I didn't know about Madison till now, that makes me sad.

Post a Comment