Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Goals


I was never one for setting goals...not to say I haven't accomplished quite a few things in my life so far...but I started a list of short term and long term goals a few weeks ago and some of them are:




Attend Church regularly
Read the bible and pray daily
Advance my yoga practice
Attend a weekly Naranon/Alanon meeting
Learn to play the piano
Learn to speak Spanish
Take an Art glass
Learn more about photography
Go on a church mission
Travel to countries in Africa; Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, etc. etc.

I've made progress in the top five, so far!  I understand now why it is important to get them down on paper, because you feel more committed to them and see your progress more easily.

Next, I want to make a bucket list!

Today's gratitude list:

J is safe and sober
The availability of renting free music CD's at the library to download for my I-Pod
The cute cards I found at Target today to send to friends for Easter
My sore muscles from "hot" yoga...it means I'm getting stronger
That I like to spend time with myself

Love, peace and happiness to all of you!

3 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Wishing you the same, Sherry. May you achieve all your goals.

Anonymous :) said...

One comedian said he never went on a vacation because whereever he went, he was there and he was who he was trying to get away from. It's pretty nice to like to spend time with yourself. You may have inspired me to write down goals outside of work for my life this year. I'll have to think about that. I look forward to reading your bucket list.

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

You have also inspired me. I used to be a big goal person until the path of my son's addiction slammed into me like a Mac truck! I thought I couldn't live in the present, one day at a time, and have goals written down for the future. I recently realized I was wrong about that and now you have just reinforced it for me.

Post a Comment