Awakening Through Love

Awakening Through Love

Good News


In Court today, for the felony charge from a year ago, J received "Treatment in Lieu of Conviction".  He will have 14 days in Rehab for an assessment, then out-patient treatment, which I believe consists of a couple of months of intensive treatment...3 x week...3 hours per day...random drug screens...follow-up treatment that lasts another 9 months.  The attorney that represented him, who has been doing this for 30 years, has never had this situation before, two felonies in two different counties at approximately the same time, and both of them granting "Treatment in Lieu of Conviction". 

I have been praying every day for J, along with about 40 other people, including many of you, and believe that, not only were my prayers answered, but J is one lucky guy!  He'll have to also serve 20 days in rehab for the DUI in May.  He's not sure how this will affect his job, but he is grateful for the outcome.  Since I started my training for the Census Bureau, his step-dad took him today.

His girlfriend is on Suboxone and seems to be on the right track also.  She's still in college part-time and picks him up from work occasionally.  J's work hours changed from 4pm-4am....to....2pm-1am....so my husband went to get him last night and asked why one of the guys at work, who lives near here can't drive him.  J said that the guy smokes pot at work (outside), so he doesn't want to drive with him.  Good thinking!!

Much to be thankful for in our home!!

Much peace, love and joy to everyone!

9 comments:

Bar L. said...

GREAT NEWS!!!! I am very glad to hear about this opportunity for J! Having the felonies removed (imo) is more motivation for staying clean and doing it right. Great decision on his part not to take a ride from pot smoker!

I loved the pics on hear from yesterday just never got around to commenting!

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

Oh, this is just awesome news!! I am thrilled for J and your family. I pray every night for all of us here in blog land. This is just filled with hope, gives the rest of us that much more of a reason to smile and keep hoping! YIPPEE:)

Jennifer said...

I am thankful to hear this for you. Your pictures are amazing.

I especially love the little girl with the lamb in Peru.

Syd said...

Good news for you and J. I hope that he realizes how lucky he is and continues to work the program of recovery.

Heather's Mom said...

Praise God! I love good news - and this is all ESPECIALLY good news!

Anonymous :) said...

Sherry, I've only been gone for a short time and everything about your blog has changed. You are truly the perfect example of how a life can transform before other things change. I love your photos. God is surely hearing all the prayers for J and moving on his behalf. No matter what happens with J though, you are an inspiration. (Madison)

Bristolvol said...

You blog is so inspiring! Beautiful pictures and then the good news. Wishing you all the best for a continued blessed future. Staying tuned!

Shen said...

sounds like he is getting a second chance... (raises glass of juice) here's hoping he makes the most of it and everything turns around from this point on. (clink)

good luck to all of you.

Anna said...

I am so glad to hear this good news.

Post a Comment